Thursday, August 26, 2010

Garden update for August 26, 2010

Its been a rough year here in Missouri. The god awful heat pretty much killed the garden this year. As I said I did get some Potatoes, an onion or two, some lettuce, a few beans, Beets, and enough Cucumbers to make ONE batch of Pickles. Everything else just Died. Personally, I think one of my neighbors had a hand in Killing the Tomatoes and the squash. I can't prove it though, and my landlord could care less. I'm luck he didn't weed wack it all!
This is all that is left of the Cucumber vines. They are still producing, if only a tiny bit.
In this space I had all of the Tubs and pots, down at the end was the squash and Tomatoes. I emptied out all the containers and dumped the soil/compost in the raised bed at the end. I'll work in some more compost and organic material this fall. It just wasn't a good year for us. Some possible solutions for next year include:
  • A better watering solution
  • Less diversity
  • Growing more herbs
  • Cucumbers worked well, maybe more of those

No comments:

Post a Comment