Sunday, April 4, 2010

Garden Update

I have written here about my garden and "the Plan" that I have for this growing Season. I have room for about 2-3 more tubs and I have a raised bed constructed to the right of the picture. This area gets "Full sun" all day. I Started 6 heirloom varieties of Tomato plants yesterday. When and If they germinate I'll post pics. I started 36 plants. That's WAY more then we have room for. Worse comes to worse I'll put them in buckets. The tomatoes are going into the raised bed with Zuccini along the fence, for support.

So far, of the Root Vegetables that I planted: The Red Potatoes are sprouting and starting to grow. The Beets are coming up about a 1/4 of an inch so far.

The Shallots, Garlic, and Yellow onions are all sprouting.

I planted the Lettuce mix from Seed Savers and it is starting to sprout.
I'm not real sure about the lettuce mix seeds. The Seed pack is one of the few that are not Region Specific that I'm planting. All of the other seeds I got From Baker Creek, except for the Shallots and Potatoes. Those came from Lowes (on sale)This being Missouri It's still too early to plant anything else. Its killing me though with 80 degree weather. Its only for a couple of days, the forcast has it dropping back to the 60's on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment