Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Silver Dollar City part two

         Day two of our trip was better than the first. It was again, a gloomy day with rain in the forcast. It's the Ozarks. Thats how it is in the spring. Cool, wet and windy is the Norm. Fortunetly, we had no heavy rain just a few light showers. Silver Dollar City does a nice job with things. All of the staff is very friendly and professional. The park has a "Down Home" feel to it. Countryfide  you might say. It was very nice. We did not ride any of the rides, but did catch a few shows and walked around. My family was paying, so we took our time. As we browsed through the shops we were amazed to find a Gun and Knife shop. A wide variety of custom and manufactured knives were for sale. Plus, they had WORKING revolver reproductions available. There are not many Parks out there where you can spend time with the family and buy a knife or Gun. At the entrance to the park I did not see a NO Firearms sign. When I entered there was NO metal detector or search. I was able to carry in my pocket knife and boot knife. It was nice.

        On Monday we left Branson and continued on our trip. Our destination was Huntsville, Al. Its a very long drive. It took us 12 hrs. I got lost twice. Too many 2-4 lane blacktops in the middle of noware. The Countryside was very pretty though.
I can see why so many PAW fiction writers use the Ozark area for inspiration.
Northern Arkansas I simply marvelous this time of year.  We shall be visiting family all week in Alabama. While I don't normally write on the subject, I'll take a look at the area here and write about it some. We plan to drive home on Saturday, driving the Normal route: North to Nashville, Paduca, Mount Vernon, and then St Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment