Sunday, May 2, 2010

Back home and in the Garden

  After our great adventure we returned home last night. Rain, Rain, and more rain all the way home. We were ahead of the storms a little so all we had to deal with was the rain and some high wind. The Tornado's stayed to the south and west of us.
 This Morning I had a good look at the garden. WOW! All of the moisture in the St Louis area did it some good. Everything thing is still a little damp, but the plants are doing Great!

The Beets tripled in size while we were gone. The Lettuce is doing way better than I thought before we left.
The few Plants that the squirrels did not dig up are the large ones and the others are new Growth. The big winner are the Potato plants. I think those doubled in size. Tomorrow I will finish filling the tubs with compost and mulch everything.
All that is left is for me to getting planting on the rest of the garden. I need to weed everything then plant the seeds. I have some trellising to construct for the garden. I have some scrap 1x2's and plenty of branches to use. It will be as basic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment