Friday, March 12, 2010

Always look for things on sale

I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for a good sale. Everywhere my wife and I shop I poke around. You just never know. After holiday and discontinued items are the best to look out for. Last Halloween I think we "cornered the Market" on M&M's, candy bars, and assorted candy. We bought $150.00 worth for under $40 bucks. After Thanksgiving I picked up boxes of stuffing mix for 50-75% off. I think I have 20 boxes. Just so you know, stuffing mix makes great tasting bread crumbs. I use them in casseroles and other dishes. Holiday Summer sausage was our big buy this year. I cleaned out 2 Dollar general stores and went to several Targets looking for it. Most of the sausage has a 6-12 month self life and so does the cheese.
We got 7 large cheese blocks and over a dozen sausages for less than $2.00 each. Over in the mark down  after holiday aisle at Target we hit the jackpot; Holiday gift sets. These sets were 50-75% off. I found a car emergency kit for $12.00 that includes Jumper cables, flashlight, tire pump, and a first aid kit.

I also found a mini Grill set that folds flat and is perfect for the BOV or for camping.

After Valentines day we found more candy. All this candy has been repackaged and packing into buckets for storage. Items like the M&M's and other small candies have been set aside for making GORP (see previous article). This is just a few ideas. Other things you can look for is holiday cloth or craft supplies for your significant other or children. I come home with stuff all the time. Think of it as Personal shopping situational awareness!   Start looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment