Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Butternut Squash Casserole

This can be made with Dehydrated Squash. Onions too. I don't dehydrate my own onions. I did it once! The whole house smelled like onion and it literally brought tears to my eyes. My wife said "NO MORE Onions". I found dried red onions at an Ethnic grocery store for about $3.00 for 2 pounds.

  • 1 small Butternut Squash, sliced thin*
  • 1 Red Onion, sliced thin
  • 1/3 cup of Apple juice
  • 2 Tbl butter or margarine
  • 2 Tbl of Honey
  • 1/4 cup of Almonds, try toasting them
  1. If using Dried rehydrate the Vegetables in some hot water
  2. Combine the sliced squash and onion in a 2 quart dish
  3. using a small bowl combine the Apple juice, butter, and Honey
  4. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and top with the Almonds
  5. Cook 350 degrees for 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment