Sunday, May 23, 2010

Grocery Alert- Canning salt!

For those in the St Louis are here is a Grocery Alert for you. Canning Salt. In a Few months I'll be hot and heavy canning the harvest. I have been paying careful attention to canning supplies, trying to catch a sale. The local Grocery chain Dierbergs did something interesting this week. They sell Mortons brand canning salt in the 2 pound box for $1.79 each. That's about .80 cents a pound.

I noticed the other day that they had "out of stock" stickers on the shelf. What this tells me is once its gone they will not be ordering anymore. In place of this is a new brand, Mrs Wages.
This brand of canning salt is in plastic bags not boxes. It is a 3 pound size that is priced at $2.99 each. That's actually an increase of about .30 cents a pound. stock up on the Mortons NOW while its still cheap. I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment